Friday 16 September 2011

Bouquet of Flowers

I just discovered the fabric Yo-Yo.  This easy craft has many different applications and I don't think this will be the last time that I do these. I have a wooden vase filled with flowers that I wanted to replace, so instead of buying them, I decided to make something using the Yo-Yo. Have a look at what I did.
I started by drawing circles on fabric using a bowl for the large ones and a juice glass for the smaller one.


Using a needle and thread, I stitched around the perimeter of the circle. I did not hem the edge because I was planning to glue something to the front. If you do not intend to do this, hem the edge while stitching.

Pull the thread to make the round shape below and make a couple of stitches to secure the end.  You will need to pull the sides to create the flat, round shape.




I then used a glue gun to stick a star to the front of the Yo-Yo. The star was one from a Christmas Garland that I purchased last year at Wicker Emporium. I used a wooden skewer as my stem and glued it to the back of the Yo-Yo (flower).


Do this for as many flowers as you want. Then stick them in the green foam for flower arrangements. (I didn't have any so I used an old spice bottle and stuck the skewers in the holes). Then add some greenery. I snipped some from another flower arrangement--- can't even notice it.


3 comments:

  1. Love these, so pretty & easy too!
    And they can be made for any occasion, christmas, valentines, halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! So pretty! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up! (http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-stop-thursday-linky-party_22.html) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete