Wednesday 21 September 2011

Count Down to Christmas (Week 14)

I know it's only September, but time has a way of sneaking around and before we know it, it's time to get ready for the jolly man in red.  Therefore, I am going to do a countdown to Christmas where I will add at least one Christmas idea a week until it arrives.  So here is Week 14.

Last Year, I wanted to decorate my plain white lamp shades for Christmas.  I liked them so much that I never did take the decorations off after.  It did not entirely say "Christmas" and it still complimented my living room.

My first task took me to Canadian Tire where I bought 2 candle ring accents.  This did not fit around my lamp, so I took it apart and made it into something that would.  Then I used the branches to keep it in place.  

The result was pleasing.

I still wanted to do something else though.   I took a piece of fabric that I had used to make cloths for the coffee and end tables and I ripped at strip to tie around the lamp.  This is the result.



2 comments:

  1. Simple. So simple and so cute. The stars and berries do well for Fall also. And it didn't cost you an arm and a leg...so to speak!:)
    I shall return..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep them coming! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete