Sunday, 2 October 2011

The Haunted Pumpkin Patch

In a previous blog, I made a pumpkin patch.  Now I will build on this arrangement to make it more for Halloween and make it haunted.

I began with an old book that was destined for either the thrift store.  I painted the book orange and then added some wood crackle around the edges of the book.


After the crackle dried, I added some antique white paint (oops, I have Ivory White in the picture). Then I used the letters to put the title on the book, added a ghost and Jack-o-Lantern sticker, and finished it with some footprints.

Then of course, I placed the book next to the pumpkin patch.  However,  that pumpkin patch still doesn't look haunted.  Let's add a few ghosts.    

To make the ghost, I began by cutting out a template out of white material.  

Then I cut out two pieces of material and batting using the template.  ( I want to keep the template just in case I need it for another project sometime).

Then I stitched the three layer together without hemming the edges.  Pulled on the edges of the batting to give it a ghostly look and painted on a face.

I made two and added them to my patch.

One more thing-- a great place for the ghost tree. 


Okay, I think I'm done with ghosts and pumpkins.  For now.....

5 comments:

  1. Cute!

    Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. I love the pumpkins, they are wonderful. The book is fabulous. I love this idea and never would have thought of painting it and adding the words, also your ghosts are just adorable. The tree is definitely a perfect finishing touch. Such a great vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so cute!

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! I just love it! I would love if you would come share this at The Crazy Cute Link Party @ Between U & Me! :D

    http://www.betweenuandme.com/2011/10/crazy-cute-link-party-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome blog,,Im officially following ya with smiles.. Found ya on linky and had to stop in.. So much creativity dwells here.. Im Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com ..Hope you can stop in sometime..TY

    ReplyDelete